Job Summary: Retail Leasing & Strategy Assistant
As a Retail Leasing & Strategy Assistant you will participate in market and site analyses, site selection and transaction management, as well as lease negotiations and business development. Participate in the creation of financial analysis for retail tenants and landlords.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Secures new and expanded business opportunities through prospecting, networking, relationship building, and selling additional services to current client base.
- Provides tenants and landlords with pertinent information on leasing availability, current market conditions, and property values.
- Accompanies prospective clients to property sites to discuss property features, leasing rates, and terms.
- Compiles property data for clients, such as tenant surveys, summary reports, maps, status updates, marketing materials and presentations for listing or tenant representative assignments.
- Prepares Letters of Intent (LOI) and reviews LOI responses. Analyzes data and prepares real estate reports on average asking rents, tenants in the market, historical data, and market comparisons.
- Gathers and coordinates materials necessary for transactions such as listing agreements, commission agreements, leases, and sales agreements.
- Prepares offers, term sheets, and lease amendments.
- Participates in lease negotiations and site meeting coordination.
- Maintains current knowledge of market conditions, market rents and new business openings and closings in neighborhoods in DC, MD and VA.
- Drafts correspondence to existing and prospective clients.
- Works with Principals and Marketing team to gather, prepare, and distribute marketing materials.
- Engages in local business community and charitable events, as well as industry and professional associations for the purpose of creating new contacts and generating new business.
- Maintains accurate and up-to-date information in company databases. Other duties may be assigned.
- Other duties as requested
- Must be a licensed Real Estate Sales person in (DC, MD and or VA) and active in performing lease and/or sale negotiations with a commercial real estate service firm, working in a real state department of a national retailer or leasing department of a development/ownership company.
- Must be self-motivated, sales driven and thrive in a dynamic commission based entrepreneurial business.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication and follow-up skills
- Strong organizational abilities and time management skills
- Must be proficient in MS, Excel, PowerPoint and able to learn other essential computer skills software
- Proven track record in retail brokerage industry
- Requires the ability to speak in public
- Dependable Transportation Required
- Night and Weekend hours may be required
NRG offers competitive salary with commission and great benefits!
Our benefits include:
- Medical (includes employer contribution)
- Dental (includes employer contribution)
- Professional development opportunities and assistance
- Flexible Work Schedule